Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am all for the easy recipes for those days when you need a sweet pick me up but dont have the time. And if it can be healthy at the same time all the better. Now I LOVE pumpkin cookies but hate waiting for Halloween to have them so I found a quick and easy way to make them that wont pack on those dreaded LBS. So what you will need:

First preheat your oven to 350 these dont take long to mix up.

Ingredients:
1 Box of Spice Cake mix.
1 large can of Pumpkin
1 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips (I use the dark Chocolate because A. the darker the chocolate the better it is for you and B. I like them more lol. But you could use whatever kind of chocolate you enjoy)

But that is all that goes into these bad boys. Mix them up in your mixer (or by hand if you dont have one just make sure all of the powder gets mixed in really well) I find it easier to mix the pumpkin and the dry cake mix together before adding the chocolate chips that way I can make sure everything is incorporated.Then spoon onto a greased cookie sheet (I like the messy looking dollops) and bake for 15 minutes. Pull out and let cool for 2 minutes or so on the cookie sheet and then transfer to your wire cooling wracks or waxed paper to finish cooling. And more important ENJOY THEM.


* note these could be gluten free if you can find a gluten free cake mix.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love easy recipes like this. And look who got off her butt and updated this thing. :-)

Kalena and Justin said...

I know I know you inspired me :D hope you love the cookies :D